" The Inspired Traditionalist: The Feast Of Our Lady Of Sorrows 200 x 38 pixels, 5, bytes.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Feast Of Our Lady Of Sorrows





Stabat Mater Dolorosa













Latin
Stabat Mater dolorósaiuxta crucem lacrimósa,dum pendébat Fílius.Cuius ánimam geméntem,contristátam et doléntempertransívit gládius.O quam tristis et afflíctafuit illa benedícta,mater Unigéniti!Quæ mærébat et dolébat,pia Mater, dum vidébatNati poenas íncliti.Quis est homo qui non fleret,Matrem Christi si vidérettanto supplício? Quis non posset contristári,piam Matrem contempláridoléntem cum Fílio?Pro peccátis suæ gentisvidit lesum in torméntis,et flagéllis súbditum.Vidit suum dulcem Natummoriéndo desolátum,dum emísit spíritum. Eia, Mater, fons amórisme sentíre vim dolóris fac, ut tecum lúgeam. Fac ut árdeat cor meumin amándo Christum Deum,ut sibi compláceam. Sancta Mater, istud agas,Crucifíxi fige plagascordi meo válide. Tui Nati vulneráti,tam dignáti pro me pati,poenas mecum divide. Fac me tecum pie flere,Crucifíxo condolére,donec ego víxero.Iuxta crucem tecum stare,ac me tibi sociárein planctu desídero. Virgo vírginum præclára,mihi iam non sis amára,fac me tecum plángere. Fac ut portem Christi mortem,passiónis fac me sortem,et plagas recólere. Fac me plagis vulnerári,cruce hac inebriári,et cruóre Filii. Flammis urar succénsus,per te, Virgo, sim defénsusin die iudícii. Fac me cruce custodíri,morte Christi præmuníri,confovéri grátia. Quando corpus moriétur,fac ut ánimæ donéturParadísi glória.

English
At the cross her station keepingstood the mournful Mother weeping,close to Jesus to the last.Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,all His bitter anguish bearingnow at lenght the sword had passed.Oh, how sad and sore distressedwas that Mother highly blessed,of the sole-begotten One!
Christ above in torment hangs,she beneath beholds the pangsof her dying, glorious Son. Is there one who would not weep,'whelmed in miseries so deep,Christ's dear Mother to behold? Can the human heart refrainfrom partaking in her pain,in that Mother's pain untold? Bruised, derided, cursed, defiled,she beheld her tender ChildAll with scourges rent. For the sins of His own nation,saw Him hang in desolation,Till His spirit forth He sent. O sweet Mother! fount of love!Touch my spirit from above,make my heart with thine accord. Make me feel as thou hast felt;make my soul to glow and meltwith the love of Christ, my Lord. Holy Mother! pierce me through,in my heart each wound renewof my Savior crucified. Let me share with thee His pain,who for all our sins was slain,who for me in torments died. Let me mingle tears with thee,mourning Him who mourned for me,all the days that I may live. By the Cross with thee to stay,there with thee to weep and pray,is all I ask of thee to give. Virgin of all virgins blest!,Listen to my fond request:let me share thy grief divine; Let me, to my latest breath,in my body bear the deathof that dying Son of thine. Wounded with His every wound,steep my soul till it hath swooned,in His very Blood away; Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,lest in flames I burn and die,in His awful Judgment Day. Christ, when Thou shalt call me hence,by Thy Mother my defense,by Thy Cross my victory; While my body here decays,may my soul Thy goodness praise,safe in paradise with Thee. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

League of Warm and Fuzzy Traditionalists
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!