" The Inspired Traditionalist: The Rosary 200 x 38 pixels, 5, bytes.

Friday, November 11, 2005

The Rosary





The Blessed Mother calls for each of us to pray the rosary frequently. It is our weapon against Satan and his followers. I like to think of them as my "Battle Beads". She has given us promises if we recite this awesome prayer and meditation. We are promised several graces if we recite the rosary which are very powerful in itself. If you have seen these promises before and have not reviewed them in a while; I suggest reading them to remind ourselves, of what awesome promises we have been given by our Blessed Mother.
A list of the fifteen promises include:
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who recite the rosary.
3. The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and it's vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that the souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of it's sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15.Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes D.D., Archbishop of New York.

My opinion is that we have been saved from the wrath of God because of so many rosary intentions offered for peace and conversion of sinners. There is a beautiful prayer I say before the rosary and I personally have never heard any one recite it out loud in group prayer. I think it is an important part of the rosary and I have always recited it to myself before starting a rosary. I will post it if you have never heard of it. I believe that is very valuable in our meditations, in regards to Mary's message at Fatima. This prayer is in my St Joseph Daily Missal.
Prayer before the Holy Rosary
Queen of the Holy Rosary, you have deigned to come to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary. Inspire my heart with a sincere love of this devotion, in order that by meditating on the Mysteries of our Redemption which are recalled in it, I may be enriched with it's fruits and obtain peace for the world, the conversion of sinners and of Russia, and the favor which I ask of you in this Rosary (Here mention your request) I ask it for the greater glory of God, for your own honor, and for the good of souls, especially for my own. Amen


PLEASE PRAY THE ROSARY OFTEN

5 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger ukok said...

I should pray it more often but am more greatly disposed to the devotion of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy :)

Very good post.

God Bless.

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Ginny. Here's a refresher on signal graces from www.rosaryfoundation.org

Love,
Cathy

Q:
So what are signal graces anyway???

A:
Signal Graces are signs sent by God to help us make the right decisions in life. Moses got a burning bush, but signal graces usually come about as subtle hints granted to us by God as a way to point us in the right direction. There really is no such thing as a coincidence; everything happens for a reason. By praying the Rosary you will be more conscious of the way that God tries to help you and speak to you everyday.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger G. Thomas Fitzpatrick said...

I love that window pic. What is it from?

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I also love the Rosary and the divine mercy chaplet. I even have a second blog dedicated to the Rosary: http://thecatholicrosary.blogspot.com

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Shylock said...

Thank you for this post! I have always said that Fatima prayer before my Rosary as well, I find it focuses me too! I had the gift of visiting Fatima this summer too. What a powerful place! It has enriched the meaning of this little prayer and the Rosary itself. Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

League of Warm and Fuzzy Traditionalists
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!