" The Inspired Traditionalist: Very Worthwhile Reading 200 x 38 pixels, 5, bytes.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Very Worthwhile Reading


I was looking to read something to bring myself closer to The Blessed Virgin Mary this Month, and to keep my focus on her. I have been getting great pleasure from the book, "The Glories of Mary".

This is a large book with over 700 pages. I actually started reading it before May to get a head start. I am very much enjoying it, and wish that I didn' t have to put it down. I am well into it now around 3/4 of the way through, and I recommend it to anyone at any time. There are great examples and prayers at the end of each chapter. The book is written by a great Saint, St. Alphonsus Liguori. He does a fantastic job of finding the most appropriate ways of honoring our Blessed Virgin Mary.

Reading books by the saints are a way for us to keep the focus on Tradition.

St Francis de Sales wrote a great book which I know a few people are reading this month and which I have read in the past, "The True Devotion to Mary". This one happens to be one of my favorites and I think that "The Glories of Mary" is going to be added to the favorite list as well.

I know my blogging partner, Tom Fitzpatrick of Recta Ratio, has been posting excerpts from "The Glories of Mary" (actually it was his suggestion that I read this book)
Thanks Tom!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I'm hoping to read "Glorious of Mary" sometime in the seminary over the next four years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

League of Warm and Fuzzy Traditionalists
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!